Volunteer Family Connect
Volunteer Family Connect (VFC) is a home visiting program for parents of young children delivered by trained volunteers. VFC works by linking a trained volunteer with a parent who is needing extra support in their parenting role, ensuring that every child has a good beginning. Volunteers can help parents adjust to a new baby, cope with multiple children, overcome feelings of isolation and frustration, or help with other factors that can overwhelm mums, dads and carers. Volunteers are skilled, trained, caring, experienced, respectful and confidential. They help by being good listeners and are non-judgemental and friendly to you and your family.
We are here for families who:
- Have young children aged birth - 5 years
- Feel in need of more support in their parenting role
- At times feel isolated or overwhelmed
- Have limited or no local networks to support them
- Need more support connecting to services in their local community
- Would like a volunteer home visitor.
Benefits for families
- Encourage parent and child relationships
- Reduce isolation, stress and anxiety
- Connect to a network of parent and community supports
- Have access to information and support
- New ideas for playing with your child
- Increase resilience and parental capacity
This service is available for families in Macarthur, Wollondilly and Taree. VFC in Taree is exclusively for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
For more information or to apply to be a volunteer
Taree please contact Sue Martin I [email protected] l 0438 576 385. See VFC Taree brochure here.
Macarthur and Wollondilly please contact Angela Styman I [email protected] l 0447 961 445. See Macarthur and Wollondilly brochure here.
As part of Reconciliation Week 2021 Karitane CEO Grainne O’Loughlin talks to Taree 2RE about the VFC service in Taree supporting the Indigenous community, listen here.
Established in 1923, Karitane is a respected and trusted service leader in parenting services across NSW. Karitane delivers high quality, comprehensive, evidence-based parenting services for families and the provision of education and training to healthcare professionals and non-government organisation. Education and research underpins the delivery of our clinical care. We lead and disseminate the latest evidence-based research ensuring we provide the best advice to parents and educate health professionals, staff, students and academia.Learn More